The C:L:A:S:S project is implemented with financial support amounting to EUR 186,866 provided by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Financial Mechanism. The main goal of the project is to promote media literacy and civic education.
Through this two-year project, the European Institute will work systematically with over 350 teachers and nearly 300 students in 14 Bulgarian cities by introducing classes on how young people can be active and media literate citizens.
The key activities of the project include conducting civic education and media literacy training initiatives for teachers and students and forming local partnerships between civic organizations and educational institutions / organizations. Educational materials and tools will be developed and disseminated.
The expected results of the project implementation and their impact will contribute to increasing media literacy and promoting civic education.
The main goal of the project is to promote media literacy and civic education.
The specific objectives of the project include:
- Participation of citizens in decision-making on public policies;
- Carrying out research to support decision-making, policy formulation and debate;
- Promoting media literacy and civic education;
- Improved transparency and accountability of public institutions;
- Observation of local and parliamentary elections and public appointments;
- Monitoring and promoting the application of ethical standards in journalism.
Start date: September 19, 2019